We try to hold gratitude as part of our daily life, but certainly holidays in general and especially Thanksgiving, remind us to take a step back and consider how fortunate we are. This Thanksgiving, we find ourselves thankful for many new things in addition to good health, lovely friends and supportive family. We get to celebrate and express appreciation for a successful farming year.
As part of that we are so very thankful to everyone who is making it possible:
- Our farm share members, who are also contributors of time, products and most of all encouragement;
- Liva and Katie who have kept us sane and make it possible to produce such great food;
- All those (and they are many) who have helped us create spaces for growing vegetables, housing animals and various other projects to make us effective and efficient;
- The farmers, neighbors and other folks who have and continue to mentor us and answer all of our various questions;
- Certainly to our diverse and mostly lovely set of livestock for their general willingness to work with our system; thrive here in Vermont and produce tasty milk, meat, and eggs;
- And of course to Uno, Hop & Scotch for doing what they can to herd, hunt and spread joy.
As we sat down to Thanksgiving dinner, know that in addition to expressing thanks for the food, which will have been mostly grown here on our farm; we will be expressing thanks for all of you who are not only making this possible, but also making our work joyful.
With much gratitude and wishes for a wonderful holiday,
Laura & Mari
Green Mountain Girls Farm